zondag 5 oktober 2014

Breastfeeding week.


This last week was the week to stand still off breastfeeding.
And well let me say right away I breasfeed my babygirl!!!
I am a real supporter of breastfeeding.
And now I want to share my story why I breastfeed, how it started, the struggles.

Breastfeeding is the best nutrition for your baby. Breast milk contains exactly the nutrients your child needs and also protects against diseases and infections. Also, breastfeeding have benefits for the mother. For example, breast-feeding makes it easier to get back to your normal weight.
A baby has the most benefit when they get at least 6 months of breastfeeding, but  every week counts.
So it's a reason to try it and every day or every drop of breastfeeding your baby gets counts. But I will tell you more about this in another blog soon.

Your baby also get's to know more different flavours so they will used more easly to solid food.

If your baby has a sore eye, you only need 1drup of breast milk in her eye and it will go away!

I think it's a beautifull thing of mother nature that your own body can make the food for your baby.
So boobies are not only a sex object ;) they are food sources for your child. That's why I think it's stupid that mothers can't place pictures of her with her child while breastfeeding, but social media accept woman half naked and that's ok?! Don't get it...
And wen you breastfeed in public how people can react? So stupid sometimes, it's just such beautifull thing of nature.


My story of breastfeeding is a little short.... Because I was to damn lucky how it started and goes. And I've got great support in the hospital. 
I've made milk right away that was my luck. I was so happy!
But it was a struggle to let my baby girl drink from my breast. She did not know how it worked and when she finally got it she fell a sleep. We must tickle her in her neck undet her feet to get her drinking. 
Because she was 4weeks to early she also got formula milk through fingerfeeding.
In one day she loosed to many weight so she gets more through fingerfeeding from 15cc to 25cc to 30cc. But you she spit everything out. If she kept on doing that they would place her to the child care. So first she must drink from my breast after that she got filled up with formula milk or expressed milk. I had to keep pumping to keep everything in motion. 
After 3days she started to eat normal and only from my breast! Even till 100cc!!!
After 4days laying in the hospital we finally can go back to our home.
We had a huge sweet maternity nurse.
She helpt me during breastfeeding and everything went great. I'm still thankfull for her help!!! We had a laugh when my boobs are so big because of the trim. My nursing bra did not fit anymore. So we stuck the breast pads with skin tape on my breasts! 

Now 3months later I still breastfeed my baby girl!
I know lot of struggles specially at night. Sometimes she wants to drink every hour.
I am often exhausted but it's all worth it.
After 2weeks I had a breast infection with a high fever. But it did not stop me off breastfeeding.
But I can not complain some woman can not breastfeed their baby. Or they have a lot of pain doing it. I'm lucky I don't have those problems.

Breastfeed my baby girl is a special moment of our both. I enjoy and love to do that! It's our bonding time.
And she grows 200 to 300grams per week off it!
From the clinic I can not quit because she grow so well!

My goal is to breastfeed my baby girl at least till she is 6months old!
I hope my body and mind can handle it till at least 6months. And I hope longer!!!

Do you breastfeed?





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten